The WISSOTA Annual Meeting
WISSOTA Auto Racing has released the dates for the 2015 annual meeting.The annual meeting will be held from Thursday, November 12 through Saturday, November 14, 2015 at the Kelly Inn in St Cloud, MN.
* * *
2015 WISSOTA ANNUAL MEETING AGENDA
Thursday, November 12, 2015
10:00 A.M. Promoter Registration From 10-11:00
11:00 A.M. Welcome Brunch Poolside
Provided By Hoosier Tire & Hoosier Tire North
12:15 P.M. Welcome and Opening remarks
12:30 P.M. SpeedNet Training session by Jennifer Therring–Track SpeedNet person and promoters encouraged to attend (bring computers)
2:30 P.M. Break
2:45 P.M. AMB scoring training Balton Aulls
4:00 P.M. Discussion on the top 5 reasons for DQ’s during the season
5:00 P.M. Adjourn
REGISTRATION RESUMES AT 8:00 A.M. FRIDAY
* * *
Friday, November 13, 2015
8:00 A.M. Registration – Coffee and Rolls Provided By All The Dirt!
9:00 A.M. Greetings and open meeting. Introduce Guests and Tracks
Introductions (First time tracks recognition)
9:10 A.M. Approve minutes of 2014 annual meeting.
9:15 A.M. Executive Director’s Report On The State Of WISSOTA
9:25 A.M. Treasurer’s Report—**Approve Treas. Report
9:30 A.M. Scheduling Report
9:35 A.M. Administrative Report
9:40 A.M. Challenge Series Report
9:45 A.M. Tech Report
10:10 A.M. Board Nominations –Nominations closed after lunch
10:30 A.M. Break
10:45 A.M. Reconvene
10:45 A.M. Board Administrative Recommendations
- Possible feature points only
- 5 bonus points awarded for track championship
- Rain dates—limit time to make up weekly events.
Track Administrative Recommendations
- Explore a “Rules and Safety” committee for tracks/drivers
- Discussion on events held after Labor Day
- Add provision in contract that will only allow a single invitational of consecutive days WISSOTA point event after the Local/weekly track point cut off date. All other races would be “Non-WISSOTA” points.
11:45 A.M. Break For Lunch – Provided By PolyDome
1:00 P.M. Reconvene—board nominations plus new additions—close nominations, candidates speak, members vote
1:10 P.M. Track Fire Safety and Training Seminar
3-45 minute segments with small break in between
3:30 P.M. Marketing/Social Media Round Table Discussion
5:00 P.M. Adjourn For The Day
* * *
Saturday, November 14, 2015
8:00 A.M. Coffee and Rolls Provided By K&K Insurance
9:00 A.M. Greetings and Thank You
9:10 A.M. Shanon Rush and Pat Willis—Hoosier Tire and HTN
Car Rules Discussion
9:20 A.M. Board Recommendations
- Board recommends a 3 year rule freeze in all classes with the exception of safety issues, new products/innovations and parity adjustments on concept/crate/race engines.
Possible Discussion Topics and Clarifications
- Reduce chip rule on race mtrs. to 8,000 RPM (parity adjustment)
- Leave LM engine set back rule as is for 2 years
- All heads including stock and aftermarket heads in all classes. Can have guide plates installed, push tube area of the heads can be opened up. Valve guide seals can be installed. Heads can be milled according to class rules and specific milling rules. ALL CLASSES MUST FOLLOW ALL OTHER CLASS HEAD RULES
- No oxygenated fuel allowed in Mod Four, Streets, Midwest Mods or Super Stocks, (cost)
- MWM and Street Stock concept engines must use 1.5, 1.5, and 3mm ring sets. No ring spacers allowed.
- All MWM and Street Stocks concept engines must run the spec carb. spacer. A max of 3/8” gaskets between intake and carb.
- Street stocks can use steel swedge tubes on tie rods, but must use stock inner and outer tie rod end. (missed in rule book last year)
- No lightening of the outside of intake manifolds in modifieds and late models.
- No titanium brakes allowed in any class.
- Late models, a maximum of 25 ½” from the center of bottom ball joint to the front of the motor plate/engine bell housing flange will be permitted. (clarification on how to measure—much easier)
9:30 A.M. Track Recommendations – Discussion Topics
- Keep current LM engine set back rule
- Transponder placement
- Siping and Grooving of LM tires
11:45 A.M. Lunch Break Reconvene at 1:00 P.M.
1:00 P.M. Approval of the 2015 Promoters Contract
1:15 P.M. Draw for free sanctions (must be present to win) and announce free nightly sanction for ROC winners.
1:30 P.M. Misc. and Closing Comments
2:00 P.M. Meeting Adjourned